Chapter 1: Prepare a virtual machine for FreeDOS in VirtualBox
Chapter 2: Special settings for FreeDOS
Chapter 3: Connect the FreeDOS install CD
Chapter 4: Install FreeDOS
Chapter 5: Install the network
Chapter 6: Mount the FreeDOS image to transfer files
Chapter 7: FTP between host and guest
Bugs: High CPU usage of FreeDOS machine
Bugs: FreeDOS crashes at boot
Bugs: ICH9 chipset breaks networking
Bugs: Old bugs
Connect the FreeDOS install CD
Now start the new virtual machine for the first time:
- Select the FreeDOS machine and click "Start".
- The next window asks for the installation CD. Click on the small folder icon on the right.
- Choose the FreeDOS ISO file you have downloaded from here.
- The FreeDOS install CD is now chosen as bootable media.
- And then the FreeDOS install CD boots your new virtual machine.
Continue with Chapter 4